1.0.22 - fixes, GMS2 updates, HTML5, catch_error
This release bumps the GML API coverage to the current GMS2 release, 126.96.36.1992.
I also fixed a few inconsistencies with API coverage (mostly owing to inaccuracies in the official "fnames" file).
The previous version (which works with GMS2 >= ~2.1.5) had been archived to "GMLiveForGMS2_pre_2_2_4.yymp" package.
This new release now works with HTML5 target.
To be more specific, 1.0.21 briefly worked with GMS2, but was subsequently broken by changes to HTML5 target
Note that this is mostly intended for 188.8.131.522 - some older releases may fail to boot ("unexpected token var") due to bugs with code generation.
GML updates are scheduled for later this year and will massively change how GML code can be written.
As far as GMLive goes, exception handling is by far the most interesting part, as it'll allow to offload some of the error checking onto GM runtime itself, making for a nice performance boost.
Although that update is yet to release, if you happen to own a copy of my catch_error extension, you can take a look at this experimental version of GMLive, which uses catch_error for makeshift exception handling.
This will soon be superseded by actual try-catch, but you can have nice things a little sooner, and also take a glance at the extension rewrite that I've been doing in anticipation of said updates.
I have also uploaded a GMS1 version of this experiment - although this one will not be superseded by native handling (GMS1 no longer receiving updates and all that), it can still prove useful if you use GMLive for performance-heavy areas.
- Fixed script_execute sometimes not preserving self/other values correctly.
- Fixed repeat(0) still executing one iteration
- gmlive-server no longer fails if you have missing creation code references in rooms
- gmlive-server now providers a fuller error log if it fails handling a request
- Fixed live-coding not working in GMS2 collision events
- Fixed some issues with instance creation code execution order (now matches GMS2 behaviour)
- Rewriting macro and enum processing to more closely match GMS2 behaviour
- Tweaking documentation for clarity
- GML updates (when they release)
GM Marketplace notes
So, I have two notes here:
- It would appear that GMS1 extension uploading is finally gone for good - my GMS1 softlocks when trying to upload the extension, and the "upload" button is just gone (screenshot).
- Marketplace still doesn't have any form of branches/depots, thus I'm not able to offer multiple variants of extension.
So, if you bought GMLive on GM Marketplace, and need a build of GMLive that's not on there, send me an email from your purchase email address with order reference and purchase date (find them here), and I'll get you an itch.io key.