A downloadable extension for Windows
GMLive is an extension that introduces livecoding / interactive programming into GameMaker: Studio and GameMaker Studio 2 (including Mac IDE).
That is, it allows to reload chosen scripts or events mid-game when they are changed and saved from the editor - without having to recompile and restart the game.
This allows to save tremendous amounts of time during development, especially for projects and platforms with longer compile time.
The extension works with all modules - you can even have the code update remotely while the game's running in a browser, on a mobile device, or on a console.
It also has some additional features:
- Sprite reloading
- Room reloading
- On-demand code compilation/execution
(akin to execute_string/object_event_add in GM8)
- Shader reloading (via helper extensions)
The extension is stable, documented, easy to use, and takes literal minutes to set up (see video).
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $29.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 1.0.65 - 2022.11 compatibility and HTML5 tweaks2 days ago
- 1.0.63 - GML updates and a bunch more18 days ago
- 1.0.62 - 2022.8 compatibility and alt. server81 days ago
- 1.0.59 - Fixes, features, and optimizationsAug 03, 2022
- 1.0.57 - 2022.2.1 compatibilityMar 12, 2022
- 2.3.7 updatesNov 29, 2021
- 1.0.54 - small fixesAug 21, 2021
- 1.0.53 - GX Jam editionAug 02, 2021