Native cursors for GameMaker
A downloadable extension for Windows
Links: documentation · GM Marketplace
This extension enables your GameMaker games to use system-level custom cursors. Such cursors are framerate-independent and have zero lag.
Use of native cursors is particularly important for any players that might run your game at displays with higher refresh rates or with vertical synchronization enabled, as mouse lag can be disorienting for many.
Supported versions: GMS1, GMS2, GMS2.3+
- Windows: via DLL (WndProc hook).
Supports cursors up to 256x256px.
Old systems may only support cursors up to 64x64px (in otherwords, make an option if you want a huge cursor)
Likely works on UWP/Windows Store native apps, but wasn't tested yet.
- HTML5: via JS (CSS3 cursors).
Supports cursors up to 128x128px (as per specification).
On WebGL, cursors can only be changed in draw event, since drawing operations do not work elsewhere.
- The extension itself.
- Source code (GML, JS, C++).
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
window_set_cursor_demo.gmz 152 kB
window_set_cursor (for GMS1).gmez 21 kB
window_set_cursor (for GMS2.2.5).yymp 35 kB
window_set_cursor (for GMS2.3).yymps 48 kB
native_cursor (for GM2022+).yymps 36 kB
- [V2] Various fixes68 days ago
- V2 beta and GM2022.8 compatibilitySep 09, 2022
- 2.3.1 compatibility and a mystery crash fixOct 22, 2020
- A 2.3 version and performance improvementsAug 31, 2020
- Added a GMS2 versionDec 10, 2019