1.0.24 - shader reloading (beta) and a few fixes
Fixes & improvements:
- The server now shows elapsed time for operations.
- Fixed a number of room loading issues with the C# version of the sever.
- Added some logging for cases where something can't be done due to GM data being no less than slightly malformed.
- Updated documentation to cover live_snippet_* API (which had been around for a little bit now).
- live_room_updated now room_goto_live's if not assigned (as why wouldn't you want to).
- GMLive can now call extension scripts (though not native functions).
- More room reloading tweaks
This version introduces ability to live-reload shaders.
Let's go over this for a little bit: although GMLive's server will do most of the work on converting shaders to GM format, the game needs to be able to load those changes. After some consideration, I have decided to make this a separate extension with ability to specify your own. There are a few reasons for this:
- GMLive's general ideology is that it should work with [almost] all targets, which is next to impossible to do with something that involves low-level DirectX/OpenGL/WebGL/... hooks.
- Alike to some other things that well work in conjunction with GMLive (such as catch_error), the extension can also be used separately.
- Making this work on both GMS2+GMS1 was a fair amount of work. (who would have thought)
- Bundling this with GMLive for free would more or less demolish the other person working on a similar piece of tech.
(we have tried do coordinate for a simultaneous release, but ultimately his needs a little more development time, and I wanted to push out my bugfixes after all).
That said, if you already own GMLive and feel like your current financial situation does not allow for an extra $10 expense (in which case you probably wouldn't be looking into buying neither mine nor the other person's extension), feel free to shoot me an email from your purchase email and reference (purchase date for itch, date+reference ID for Marketplace), and I'll send you an itch key for shader_replace_simple.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.