A rewrite and such
This update effectively replaces the extension with a slightly better version of it, at expense of my weekend:
- The extension now has a 64-bit version.
- The extension no longer uses an additional executable, instead resorting to running itself as a new process via
- Perhaps consequence of above, the extension is no longer being considered a virus by random antiviruses that I’ve not heard of.
- In line with my other recent efforts, the DLL is now much smaller (16KB for x86 version, 19KB for x64 version).
- Window Commands functions now work when frame is disabled (which means that you can minimize the game without re-enabling the frame).
- The code is now slightly less scary, though don’t get too excited.
- Exiting fullscreen no longer causes the frame window to act unusually.
- The demo has been rewritten and now uses GMS2.3 (but feel free to backport it and submit a PR if it seems important).
- I added a few utility functions and documented a few more.
- Documentation now spots a list of things that are known to not play well with this extension.
And that’s likely all I can do with this! If you have sufficiently deep knowledge of WinAPI, you could potentially fix some of the issues, but I don’t, so this is how it is.
Get Window freeze fix
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.