file_ini - better INI handling
A downloadable extension
This extension offers functions for working with INI files that exceed the built-in ones:
- Allows to open multiple INI files at once (as many as you want).
- Supports escape characters in keys/values/section names (can write any string).
- Preserves comments, order, and original formatting of the file.
- Error-proof: Even if the file is not a valid INI at all, extension will not error.
- Writes values in most-optimal, readable format. Quotes only if necessary.
- Allows to work with encrypted INI files (akin to ds_map_secure_* functions).
- Allows to load INI from string and save to string (great for HTTP/networking).
- Allows to flush INI to disk without having to reopen it.
- Allows to get key names and section names for iterating over them.
- GMS1 & GMS2 compatible
- new! Can be used as drop-in instead of built-in functions - just import file_ini_instead_of_ini.gmez, and all built-in INI functions will use file_ini instead.
Check out the blog post for a detailed breakdown!
If you'd like to test it, there's an interactive demo.
If you prefer, the asset can also be purchased via GameMaker' Marketplace.
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Added a drop-in extension91 days ago