file_ini - better INI handling
A downloadable extension
This extension offers functions for working with INI files that exceed the built-in ones:
- Allows to open multiple INI files at once (as many as you want).
- Supports escape characters in keys/values/section names (can write any string).
- Preserves comments, order, and original formatting of the file.
- Error-proof: Even if the file is not a valid INI at all, extension will not error.
- Writes values in most-optimal, readable format. Quotes only if necessary.
- Allows to work with encrypted INI files (akin to ds_map_secure_* functions).
- Allows to load INI from string and save to string (great for HTTP/networking).
- Allows to flush INI to disk without having to reopen it.
- Allows to get key names and section names for iterating over them.
- GMS1 & GMS2 compatible
- new! Can be used as drop-in instead of built-in functions - just import file_ini_instead_of_ini.gmez, and all built-in INI functions will use file_ini instead.
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.95 USD. You will get access to the following files: