file_ini - better INI handling
A downloadable extension
Quick links: docs · interactive demo · GM Marketplace page
Explanation: blog post
Versions: GameMaker: Studio, GameMaker Studio 2
Platforms: All of them
This extension offers functions for working with INI files that exceed the built-in ones:
- Allows to open multiple INI files at once (as many as you want).
- Supports escape characters in keys/values/section names (can write any string).
- Preserves comments, order, and original formatting of the file.
- Error-proof: Even if the file is not a valid INI at all, extension will not error.
- Writes values in most-optimal, readable format. Quotes only if necessary.
- Allows to work with encrypted INI files (akin to ds_map_secure_* functions).
- Allows to load INI from string and save to string (great for HTTP/networking).
- Allows to flush INI to disk without having to reopen it.
- Allows to get key names and section names for iterating over them.
- GMS1 & GMS2 compatible
- new! Can be used as drop-in instead of built-in functions - just import file_ini_instead_of_ini.gmez, and all built-in INI functions will use file_ini instead.
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
file_ini (for old versions of GMS1).zip 10 kB
file_ini (for GMS1).gmez 18 kB
file_ini instead of ini_ (for pre-GMS2.3).gmez 1 kB
file_ini (for GMS2).yymp 25 kB
file_ini (for GMS2.3+).yymps 17 kB
file_ini instead of ini_ (for GMS2.3+).zip 640 bytes
- 1.0.9 - buffer leak mini-fixFeb 14, 2021
- Fixed "file_ini_ instead of ini_" for 2.3Oct 13, 2020
- A 2.3 versionAug 25, 2020
- A separate GMS2 versionJul 02, 2020
- 1.0.4 - GMS2.2.3 compatibilty, docs, tweaksJul 30, 2019
- Added a drop-in extensionJul 22, 2018