Small update and source code release


  • I rewrote most of the extension to be a smaller DLL (mere 12KB now).
    As far as I can tell, I did not introduce any side effects, but I’m publishing it as a separate download just in case.
  • I supposedly fixed a ~7:16000 chance of fatal error functionality not working in a YYC game.
  • I have released the source code for the extension.
    If you were wondering how did this even work, now you can take a look.

Files

catch_error-for-GMS1.gmez 17 kB
Version 1.1 66 days ago
catch_error-for-GMS2.yymp 31 kB
Version 1.1 66 days ago

Get catch_error for GameMaker

Buy Now$14.95 USD or more

Comments

Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.

Somewhat curious in how you calculated the odds of the crash…

The extension was looking for a 7-byte pattern by copying 16K blocks to an accessible location and going over them, but this did not account for the pattern being potentially at a block “edge” (e.g. 3 bytes here, 4 bytes in the next block).

lol, that would do it