Sprite viewer, regexp search, more #import magic
- Code editor now has a context menu
- It has a pretty dumb "show references" thing
- There are now tooltips for mouseovering functions, macros, variables, and so on
- You can now import GMS1/GMS2 code editor colors as themes (see wiki)
- There is now a sprite viewer for both GMS1 and GMS2
- There is now regular expression search
- Most code tabs are now restored when reopening a project
- `///prefix ...` now gets a `ace_startswith_prefix` CSS class
- You can now view GMS2 extension functions/macros via context menu.
- Local variables inside #lambda functions now get a separate color
- Global search can now show search results in #lambdas inline
- Added a preference to control how GMS2 events are ordered for display
- <html> now gets a hasFocus attribute in case you want your themes to change depending on window focus
- You can now do `#import func in Name:method` or `#import prefix_* in Name:`
(without turning every func into Name.method - only the ones for var v:Name)
- Added a preference to open resource tree items with one click
- GMEdit now has a taskbar icon thanks to JustFredrik
- Thumbnails are now generated on-demand and perform much better in very large projects
- NTT projects now have thumbnails for images
- The item in resource tree now flashes a few times when you pick "show in resource tree"
- Themes are now detected in the data directory so that you can remove the program directory and lose nothing
- Auto-completion for namespaces now pops up when you type `var v:`
Breaking changes for themes:
- Code editor rules now use `#main .ace-tm` (the editor) instead of `#main .gml` (the whole right side) so you'll need to find-replace that in your themes to be `#main .ace-tm`
- Numbers are now just .ace_numeric instead of .ace_constant.ace_numeric to avoid requiring CSS priority
- You can now add a "//!usevars" line to your gmedit_lambda.gml after creating it to auto-workaround this bug (GMS <= 2.2.2).
- Recent project list is now saved into the data directory rather than localStorage.
- Newly created scripts now open automatically for editing
- Fixed local variables sometimes not immediately highlighting in newly added GMS2 object events.
- Fixed replace.gml being too greedy, thus causing xstart/ystart to go missing from highlighting
- Fixed "use tabs instead of spaces" setting not getting saved.
- Fixed projects opened via command-line argument adding duplicate entries to recent projects list
- Fixed GMEdit using uppercase GUIDs while GMS2 uses lowercase (causing GMS2 to lowercase them when it changes that file)
- Fixed "#event name|desc" (no-space comment) not setting starting line to 2
- Fixed it being possible to corrupt code with conflicting #import declarations (#import a in v + #import b in v)
- Fixed "invisible characters" being light gray in dark theme
- Fixed code indexing being able to get stuck due to errors
GMEdit-Windows.zip 61 MB
Version Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.