TJSON for GameMaker
TJSON is an extension for GMS1 and GMS2 that offers an improved set of functions for dealing with JSON.
- Automatic memory management - no need to explicitly free the produced structures (more on memory).
- Type information - easily tell apart data in loaded JSON (more on types)
- Convenience - if you load a JSON string that has a top-level array, you get an array. If the JSON string is just a numeric value, you get that. No odd maps with "default" values (more on decoding).
- JS boolean value support - GML uses 1 and 0 as true and false values, so it is impossible to distinguish JSON true/false values in resulting data or produce a true/false value in encoded string. TJSON fixes that (more on boolean values)
- [GMS2.3] Encode and decode nested structs and arrays for maximum convenience (more on the update)
Shown demo loads arbitrary JSON from a string and displays it with all according nesting.
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.95 USD. You will get access to the following files: