A downloadable extension
QS is an extension that corrects a number of issues with the current implementation of data structures in GameMaker:
- Makes ds-related error messages more descriptive
(e.g. if you are accessing a data structure that's already destroyed, you are told where it was destroyed from)
- Shows errors/warnings in situations where GM fails silently or does undesirable actions
(e.g. when mixing up data structure types)
- Offers tools for figuring out memory leaks easier
(you can view a list of currently active data structures per type and their origin of creation)
- Offers tools for figuring out issues with JSON easier
(e.g. circular references or forgetting to mark something for JSON)
- Offers chained accessor functions
- Can seamlessly revert to using built-in functions for zero overhead.
(if you value both your sanity and performance)
All in all, it is designed as a definitive improvement as far as data structures go.
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 1.0.1: Mini-fix for 3 functions, GMS1 tweaks15 days ago