This is fun! I like how hitting the disc feels.
Bouncing Blade Blitz
Web build note: For some reason clicking on the game, clicking on the page, and clicking on the game breaks keyboard input on Itch. You can play the game in a separate tab to get around this.
This is a 1-2 player game about hitting discs!
Somewhat Lethal League inspired. The more you hit the disc, the faster it goes.
Provided that two of you can survive long enough, you can make the disc go REALLY fast (see: last GIF).
The game has a few modes:
- Versus: Hit each other with the disc! Last man standing wins.
- [r2+] Single-player: Try to get the disc to go as fast as you can! Scores are recorded.
- [r2+] Cooperative: Try to get the disc to go as fast as you can and NOT hit your friend with it! Similarly, scores are recorded.
The game can be played locally (by using keyboard, mouse, and a gamepad, or two gamepads) or online (using the included tool - instructions).
WASD to move
Space to jump
Mouse to aim
Left Mouse Button to hit
Esc to return to menu
Left stick or d-pad to move
A (face button 1) or Left Trigger to jump
X (face button 3) or Right Trigger to hit
Right Stick to aim (otherwise character aims at walk direction)
Select/Back to return to menu
- Programming by me
- Graphics based on Wasteland Kings source made available as part of Humble Bundle.
- Bandit sprites by Saniblues
- Sound effects from jam package.
I wasn't able to dedicate as much time to the jam as I'd like (2 out of 14 days), but this should still be fun for a bit.
- [r3] More small tweaksNov 01, 2020
- [r2] Single-player and cooperative modes, small fixes, web buildNov 01, 2020
- [r1] Minifix and playing onlineNov 01, 2020