It is very slow to play, only 25-30 FPS. My screen is 60 FPS. After using "gms_scheduler_fix", it is stable at 30 FPS. But it is very fast to play. Is there any way to make it run at 60 FPS?
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Not that I know of - Spelunky SD is based on the original Spelunky Classic 1.1 source code, which was programmed for running at 30fps specifically. You could force the game to run at 60fps, but everything will just move twice as fast.
wonderful mod, thank you
How do i play "Multiplayer" with my sister? Port 5934 isn't working, it says we "Failed to connect, try again!"! Plz help! Thanks,
If you’re on the same WiFi/local network, you can use your local IP (like 192.168.1.101) to connect (but still make sure that the game is allowed in Windows Firewall).
If you’re not, you’ll either have to port forward (look for instructions for your router) or use a VPN service like ZeroTier, Radmin VPN, Hamachi, etc.
I'm stuck on the username screen and i am pressing enter but it doesn't work :(
Plz make it so i can click "Confirm" thanks.
Press Down, then Enter.
You know, adding the skins from HD as pixel versions of themselves would be great for the multiplayer.
I could look into it for a future update (whenever that’ll be) but someone would have to draw those sprites first.
This requires a few animations:
- Being held in hands of other player (optional)
- Looking upwards
- Looking upwards while running
- Jumping (moving upwards)
- Falling (moving downwards)
- Ducking (holding down, no movement)
- Crouching (holding down and moving)
- Hanging on something (like edge of block, or wall with gloves)
- Duck-to-hang transition (over the corner of a block)
- Climbing a ladder
- Climbing a rope upwards
- Climbing a rope downwards
- Pushing a block
- "Whoa" (showing when standing on an edge of a block)
- Bouncing while stunned/dead
- Dead on the ground
- Stunned on the ground
- Stunned/dead, flying left
- Stunned/dead, flying right
- Stunned/dead, falling
- Entering a door
- Waiting while being used as a damsel style (optional)
- Kissing (damsel)
- Yelling (damsel)
- Being eaten by a plant.
You can look at existing sprites using YYTextureView.
Spelunky 2 has pixel renditions of skins but it’s just a single frame for UI - no animations.
Currently you have
/style with 3 default animations and a very poorly drawn “cube with legs” that I made in 2013. Default (spelunker) style can be customized via
Muchas gracias por su dedicación, me parece admirable su actitud 😉