I just realized, this is also helpful for people who run windows programs that automatically change the focus to whichever window you mouse over.
A few gamepad-related things I would love to see in future asset packs...
1. Support for legacy DirectInput devices and DOS-era joysticks.
2. Rumble support.
3. Compatibility with Steam's controller mapping APIs, however those work.
4. Redirecting gamepad input logic to run in a separate thread, with optional GPU acceleration (via OpenACC), and various C++ tricks to make input logic even faster.
5. Support for unique features of specific controllers, assuming that somebody can get certain ones to work on PC in the first place;
- XBOX ONE: Vibrating triggers.
- DualShock 3 and later: Motion Controls, Analogue Face Buttons, Analogue D-Pad.
- DualShock 4 and DualSense: Touchpad, Lightbar, Speaker
- DualSense-only: Resistive Triggers
- Nintendo Switch Joycons: Motion Controls, HD Rumble (obviously only if somebody can get them to work on Windows)
- Steam Controller: Just about everything, I guess.
6. A way to automatically detect if a gamepad (or other input device) has been disconnected.
7. Razer Hydra support. Because those are a thing.