Desktop Screenshots for GameMaker
A downloadable extension for Windows
This extension allows for a variety of things regarding taking screenshots of desktop - you can get a screenshot of entire desktop, or capture a part of it, or even get a screenshot of all displays on multi-monitor setups (particularly convenient if your game had been moved away from the primary screen).
Images of screen can be captured into surfaces (for drawing) and/or buffers (for storage/later recovery) - see doc for more information.
As such, this can be used for a variety of things:
- Screensavers (like the standard "Bubbles" one)
- Using a screenshot of the player's desktop as a game background
- Custom screenshot tools (there's always space for improvements)
- Timelapse recorders (ditto)
- GIF recorders (within reasonable)
- Custom accessibility tools (magnifiers, previewing a portion of a screen through a shader - see demo)
- (and so on)
New! Now includes display_measure, allowing you to precisely poll individual monitor coordinates and active areas.
- display_screenshot: GMS2
(GMS1 has an issue on some GPUs caused by a bug in Intel drivers)
- display_measure: GMS1 and GMS2
Supported platforms: Windows, Windows (YYC)
Source code included !
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Now includes desktop_measure!19 days ago