A downloadable game for Windows
Aricards is a small card game for two people.
It is intended to be played quickly and has a light focus on predicting player behaviour.
You can either use the rules and play with standard playing cards, or use the downloadable game to play over the internet.
The rules are as following:
- At the start of a round each player gets 5 cards, 4 of which are "citizens", and 1 is either "slave" or "emperor".
- Both players then pick a card (without showing the front to the other player) and cards are revealed together.
- "emperor" beats "citizen", "citizen" beats "slave", and "slave" beats "emperor". If both players pick "citizen", both cards are discarded.
- Beating a "citizen" card grants 1 point, while beating the emperor grants 5 points.
- A round lasts until a card is beaten.
- Every 3 rounds (a "phase") the game alternates between which player will be getting a "slave" card and which will be getting an "emperor" card.
- After 8 phases a victor is picked based on total points.
Currently only a Windows build is available, but the game should also work perfectly fine under Wine/Crossover.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.